How to Build And Set Up an Ethereum Mining Rigs
Massively popular, Ethereum is a favorite cryptocurrency for many people and companies as well. Right after Bitcoin, Ethereum is a common choice for mining, as its value is over 2,800% more than it was in the beginning.
This article aims to show how to set up a mining rig Ethereum in a simple yet efficient way. If you are a beginner in the mining business, don`t be discouraged by cables and plenty of hardware.
Ethereum Mining Rigs in the UK: Everything you need to know
If you are wondering how to build Ethereum mining rigs, you have come to the right place. With Ethereum mining rigs UK you will have an opportunity to set the mining rig and start having a passive income. Find out everything you need to know about Ethereum mining rigs in the UK below.
What Is an Ethereum Mining Rig?
An Ethereum mining rig is a computer system consisting of hardware and software that serves for mining cryptocurrencies, in this case, Ethereum. While it is possible to mine this cryptocurrency from a gaming computer with a mining rig, the efficiency is more significant. And so is the potential for making passive income. One of the key factors determining how successful mining Ethereum will be is the number of GPUs.
How to Build Ethereum Mining Rigs Successfully?
One of the critical questions is how to build an Ethereum mining rig so that you can start earning money as soon as possible. You will need proper hardware, software, and equipment for this process to make a rig.
Make a Mining Rig With the Following Equipment
- You will need five angled aluminum lengths of 24“ and eight angled aluminum lengths of 14. “
- Three wooden blocks
- Power drill
- Self-driving screws
- Zip ties
- Ethernet cable
Note that you can even buy a professional mining rig case and skip the part of making it on your own.
Use the Following Hardware Equipment
- GPUs – Graphics cards for mining will significantly impact the efficiency of mining Ethereum. You can have up to 8 GPUs on a single mining rig, but If you are beginning and don`t want to invest a lot of money, you can start with one or two GPUs. Some of the best GPUs come from manufacturers such as NVIDIA and AMD.
- Power supply – Ideally, the power supply should be between 1200W and 2000W. Again, the need for a power supply is more significant the more GPUs you have.
- Motherboard – Some motherboards can support only 1 or 2 GPUs, while others can support even up to 18 GPUs. Choose a motherboard based on how many GPUs you want to have.
- RAM – when choosing RAM, you need to check whether it is compatible with your motherboard. For maximum performance, it is enough to get RAM with 16GB or even 8GB.
- Powered riser cables – You should get as many power riser cables as you have GPUs. The cables serve to connect the motherboard so that you can safely mount them on the case.
- CPU – You can get any CPU compatible with your motherboard; there is no need to go for the expensive ones.
- SSD hard drive – Get an SSD hard drive with 500GB if you use Windows or Linux.
- Monitor, mouse, and keyboard – You will need to configure the software using these components.
- A heatsink fan – GPUs tend to overheat. A heatsink fan will prevent any malfunction caused by overheating. If you notice one heatsink fan is no longer enough, purchase another one.
For software, EthOS and Claymore are the most recommended ones that you can use for mining Ethereum. Choose any of these, and you can move on to mining Ethereum.
The number of GPUs you have will determine the overall success of mining an Ethereum
How to Make Ethereum Mining Rigs?
Start building an Ethereum mining rig by screwing 14“ angles so that they form two squares. Then, proceed to connect these two squares with the 24“ angles. You will have one 24“ length left, using it as a crossbar that will hold the GPUs. Next, place the wooden blocks on the bottom of the frame and secure them with screws. You will set the motherboard on top of these blocks.
Insert the CPU and the Heatsink Fan
Insert the CPU into the motherboard. You will see a lever that you can raise and place the CPU. Once you insert the CPU, just lower the level, and you can move on to the next step. Take the heatsink fan and place it above the CPU. You will be able to push the four pins down onto the motherboard and hear a click for each one.
Insert Ram and Hard Drive Next
Next, you will insert the RAM onto the motherboard. The RAM should fit in the RAM slot that is on the motherboard. You will need to apply a bit of pressure, which is normal and will not break the equipment. Then, insert the hard drive and screw it onto the motherboard, so it does not move.
Insert the Power Supply and Connect the GPUs
The power supply is next, and you should place it next to the motherboard. The power supply should be connected to the motherboard by using power cables. Proceed to set up powered riser cables. Plug the chips of the cables into the corresponding chip frame on the motherboard.
Connect the GPUs to the powered riser cables by plugging the cables into the GPUs. Then, proceed to connect the GPUs to the power supply.
Finally, you should plug the power switch onto the motherboard, and when the time comes, you will be able to turn it on.
Once the motherboard is set up, you can proceed with downloading software for mining Ethereum
How Much Does an Ethereum Mining Rig Cost?
One of the most common questions about mining is how much does an Ethereum mining rig cost. The price can vary significantly based on the quality of the equipment you choose. Depending on how much you want to invest in mining Ethereum, the cost can be anywhere between $800 and $3000.
How to Set up a Mining Rig Ethereum Software?
Mining Ethereum requires you to download software and add it to the USB. Then, you can connect the USB to the motherboard. After connecting your monitor to the motherboard, you will be able to start mining Ethereum.
If how to make Ethereum mining rig seems too complicated, remember to be patient and follow the steps above. Ethereum mining rig Uk is a perfect way to have a passive income after the initial investment.